TCU: Chancellor Victor J. Boschini, Jr.

History of the Title for TCU’s Chief Executive

 

Clark Brothers StatueIn 1959, after President Sadler had served for 18 years, the TCU Board of Trustees appointed a special committee to consider how to honor him as he moved towards retirement. The decision was made by the Board to confer the new title of “Chancellor” on Dr. Sadler and to make a change in his duties commensurate with his new role. Thus on May 19, 1959, the TCU Board voted to bestow the title of “Chancellor” on Dr. Sadler and asked him to be the University’s chief ambassador in the community focused on major gift fund raising. Dr. D. Ray Lindley was named the President of TCU and was given all administrative responsibilities in the running of the University. Chancellor Sadler retired six years later in 1965. His replacement, Dr. James M. Moudy, was asked to serve as Chancellor with all duties of community ambassador, major gift fund raiser and chief administrator. Since that appointment, all succeeding TCU chief executives have been called Chancellor and have assumed the entire spectrum of responsibilities that at one time had required two administrators.

 

TCU Chief Executives

Addison Clark 1873-1899

Albert Buxton 1899-1900*

E. C. Snow 1900-1902*

Ely Vaughan Zollars 1902-1906

Clinton Lockhart 1906-1911

W. B. Parks 1911*

Frederick D. Kershner 1911-1915

W. B. Parks 1915-1916*

Edward McShane Waits 1916-1941

McGruder Ellis Sadler 1941-1965

James Mattox Moudy 1965-1979

William E. Tucker 1979-1998

Michael R. Ferrari 1998-2003

Victor J. Boschini, Jr. 2003-

 

*Acting president or chancellor